Sunday 25 April 2010

Win Tickets: The Real Food Festival 2010

The Real Food Festival 2009 brought together a huge selection of small-scale producers, and I really enjoyed sampling and buying their wares as well as talking to them about their products and businesses.

What I liked was the opportunity to meet so many smaller producers - these tiny businesses can seldom afford to attend the big food shows, and as a consequence, one sees the same few brands again and again and again. Whilst I did, as an ardent food lover, know a few of the producers at the show, most of those I encountered were new to me - something I found very exciting.

I'm looking forward to attending again this year and I have a pair of tickets to give away so two more food lovers can enjoy the show too!

To enter, simply leave a comment on this blog post, including your name and email address, before midnight (UK) 30th April.

Last year, I particularly loved:-

And many more!

Here are just a few of the producers from last year's show:-

This year's festival takes place at London‘s Earls Court from the 7-10 May.

As well as being able to talk to and buy from the many stall holders you can also see great chefs such as Oliver Rowe, Thomasina Miers, Giorgio Locatelli, Cyrus Todiwala and Vineet Bhatia in action. The show also features Chocolate Unwrapped, showcasing some top chocolate artisans. And if you want to play farmer for the day, you can try your hand at milking and butter churning not to mention say he-e-e-e-llo to the stars of the Sheep Show!

For all the latest information about this year's show and exhibitors, visit the Real Food Festival 2010 website.

24 comments:

Anne said...

I've already bought my tickets for this years event, hoping its as good as the last two!

Gail said...

Oh, throw my name in the hat please :-)

Gail dot haslam at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Yazmin Godfrey - yazmingodfrey@hotmail.com

Bryan Godfrey said...

Bryan Godfrey - godfreybryan@hotmail.com

Gill Godfrey said...

Gill Godfrey - adamsgill@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Kavey would be a sight for a sore eye
[img]http://bestsmileys.com/lol/4.gif[/img]
james.bailey@live.com

I heart cupcakes said...

I keep meaning to buy tickets and haven't got round to it yet so would be fab to win a pair :)
Anne @ iheartcupcakes@hotmail.co.uk

Unknown said...

Avalon for foodies! I would love to go, so will cross fingers!

Cheers, Kanga_Rue ruthhillman@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Did you consider telling us when the festival happens? 7 to 19 May apparently! Looks good
I'd love to go

Stokey Sue

Miss Cay said...

I may live in Liverpool, but this looks like something I really REALLY need to attend. My email address is mschristinamcdermott@gmail.com *crosses everything*

josordoni said...

That looks very interesting Kavey! I went to Aldeburgh last year, and enjoyed it a lot, this would seem to be similar but with suppliers closer to home maybe.

Kavey said...

Stokey Sue, er, I DID tell you when it happens - just under the pictures it says "This year's festival takes place at London‘s Earls Court from the 7-10 May."

ickle becka said...

Oooh, have to be in on this!! :D
Does anyone know which day Raymond Blanc is going to be there? It doesn't seem to say on the site but I may have missed it.
Oh, email is lil_bex@hellokitty.com

Fiona said...

sounds a great day out Kavey go on throw my name in the hat to as I would probalbly bring Kari with me if I went.

Unknown said...

Fabulous contest, sounds like a great day out :D

Anonymous said...

I'd love to go to the 'real food' festival. It's real, and its food, seemples!

Catherine

Anonymous said...

oops forgot my email in all the excitement dizzycatie@hotmail.com

Catherine (Cat)

anteena said...

I would love to take my mum and have a real girlies day out, the money i save on tickets means i can treat once there

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good festival,

Sue

sue@turner-smith.co.uk

Buttaz said...

How could anyone turn down a chance of two free tickets? Sign me up, please!

mark dot edwards17 at gmail dot com

Mark
Buttaz Blog

Anonymous said...

As an owner of a micro-brewery in Northamptonshire(www.frogislandbrewery.co.uk) I would love to have the chance to attend and meet lots of people as passionate about real food and drink as I am!
My name is Mandy Littler and my e-mail address is mandylittler@ntlworld.com

Anonymous said...

Hi - I would LOVE to attend this event. I'm in process of starting my own blog so would be great way to get my creative juices flowing! Catherine - rex_cat@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Phew Kavey! Just got in there before the deadline!!

I have only recently joined this site and saw your competition. I went to Taste last year and had a really good time and bought some lovely things from the Weber BBQ stand.

Hope to see you there!!

LOL
SchueySue

Anonymous said...

I have only just picked this up - I am a dedicated country mouse at the moment because I am so poor but would love to come.

Whatever, enjoy the experience whoever wins.

FCQ