Saturday 3 April 2010

Diddle Dee Jam - Winner!

In my Falkland Islands post I included a competition to win a little 50 gram jar of Diddle Dee Jam.



The Diddle Dee Berry (empetrum rubrum) is a bittersweet species of crowberry that resembles a small redcurrant in appearance, though it has it's own unique flavour. Found in Chile, Argentina and the Falkland Islands, it is the fruit of a small shrub that covers vast swathes of the Falklands. The Islanders commonly make it into jam.



Given how often she has lamented my UK-only competitions, I'm thrilled that the winner is Debs from Malaga in Spain! Debs, please drop me an email with your name and address and I'll get the jam in the post to you!

1 comment:

Debs @ DKC said...

I won,I won,I won. Thanks so much Kavey,I can't believe it; I never win anything. It was my birthday last week & my blog birthday next week what a fabulous present.

I'll email you later today. Can't wait to try it & will certainly be doing a blog post all about it. Thanks again, xx