Friday, 25 November 2011

Win Green & Blacks Christmas Gifts

20111026-TB2_0191medium 20111026-TB2_0523medium

Several weeks ago I went to my first Christmas dinner, a banquet hosted by Green & Blacks and cooked by Micah Carr-Hill (who boasts the fabulous job title Head of Taste, and is in charge of product development) and William Leigh, Taste Assistant who works alongside Micah.

20111026-TB2_0287medium 20111026-TB2_0290medium 20111026-TB2_0273medium 20111026-TB2_0418medium

Together, they developed a menu inspired by the Green & Blacks chocolate range. Not every dish featured chocolate, but all were delicious.

To my surprise, one of my favourite elements was the lentils served with the quail. To say that I'm not a fan of lentils is an understatement, so the fact I loved these was quite a revelation. William did reel off the recipe to me, but I didn't take it in, so will have to grill him on it further.

I also loved the tiny white chocolate disks covered with a pile of salty black caviar. An odd combination but it worked! The milk chocolate disks with dried potato powder reminded me of unconstructed maltesers!

And there were small chocolate-rimmed cups of Marmite broth which even some of Marmite-haters appreciated.

20111026-TB2_0397medium 20111026-TB2_0411medium
20111026-TB2_0400medium 20111026-TB2_0446medium 20111026-TB2_0171medium

The other goal of the evening was to showcase some of their Christmas gift range, which as always, look very appealing.


Win!

So isn't it lovely, that Green & Blacks have kindly offered some for me to share with readers of Kavey Eats?

And not just one prize, but three, so definitely lots of chocolate to go round!

Green-and-Blacks-ultimate-Collection-o

1st Prize - Green & Black's Organic Ultimate Collection (£14.99)

Green-and-Blacks-Tasting-Collection

2nd Prize - Green & Black's Tasting Collection (£11.99)

Green-and-Blacks-Dark-Collection

3rd Prize - Green & Black's Dark Miniatures (£5.49)


How to enter

You can enter the competition in 2 ways.

Entry 1 – Answer the question
Leave a comment below, answering the following question:
Which flavour Green & Blacks bar comes in a purple wrapper?

Entry 2 – Tweet
Tweet the (exact) sentence below:
I'd love to win Green & Blacks Christmas Chocolates from www.kaveyeats.com #kaveyeatsgreenblacks11

Rules & Details

  • The deadline for entries is midnight GMT Tuesday 6 December 2011.
  • The winners will be selected from all valid entries using a random number generator. The first one selected will win the 1st prize, the second selected will win the 2nd prize and the third selected will win the 3rd prize.
  • One blog entry and one twitter entry per person.
  • The prizes includes delivery, and can be delivered to UK mainland addresses only.
  • The prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
  • The prizes are offered and will be delivered directly by Green & Blacks.
  • The winners will be notified by email or twitter asked to provide a delivery address. If no response is received by the end of Friday 9 December, the prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be picked and contacted.
*If you don't have a secondary email address already and are nervous about sharing your main email address on the internet, why not set up a new free email account on hotmail, gmail or yahoo, that you can use to enter competitions like this?

Thanks to Green & Blacks for inviting me to their Christmas banquet and for providing this lovely prize.

All banquet images courtesy of Tom Bowles.

119 comments:

Suelle said...

Oooh! Another chocolate prize on offer - how can a chocoholic resist? I believe that the MILK chocolate comes with a purple wrapper.

Lisa said...

I think it's Dark Chocolate Burnt Toffee.

Foodycat said...

Sort of depends on what you consider purple, doesn't it? I thought it was the sour cherry one!

BNM said...

Mmm chocolate

The answer is Cherry

BNM

Miss Whiplash said...

Chocolate for me please, Kaveeeeeeeee :-)

I actually think the purple is dark burnt toffee - I guess it does depend on your perception!

Nicky said...

I thought it was cherry too - which is btw my favourite. It's that sourness .... :)

meemalee said...

Cadbury's.

Cadbury's is purple, innit?

*Muttley laugh*

me_me! said...

I think it is raisin and hazelnut!

Alex said...

definately cherry. mmmm thats my favourite flavour G&B :)

Anonymous said...

I also think it's Dark Chocolate Burnt Toffee, the cherry to me is more burgundy... (posted by Catreia)

Kate@whatkatebaked said...

What a lovely evening! I thought the purple one (having scoffed one last night) was cherry?

Janice said...

I would say raisin and hazelnut.

Janice said...

Have tweeted @serialcrafter

Crystal Mse said...

I think it's Green & Black's NEW Dark with Burnt Toffee Chocolate Bar

I've Tweeted you as @CRYSTALmse

Thank You for this delish competish !

x

mummy24 said...

i agree its hard to tell but i am going to go for burnt toffee - pretty sure its purple!

@ashlallan

mummy24 said...

i have tweeted as @ashlallan

EmmaH said...

I think it's the new Dark chocolate with Burnt Toffee Chocolate Bar

However both the Cherry and Raisin and Hazel nut bars have purplish wrappers.

@EmmaHolness

EmmaH said...

I have tweeted as @EmmaHolness

glennamy said...

I think its Cherry! ;0)

glennamy said...

Tweeted message @glennhutton

josie301 said...

Purple looks like Burnt Toffee to me,
Cherry is mauve & hazelnut & raisin looks fuschia lol

Thanks x

sram3280 said...

Burnt Toffee is the purple wrapper

Debbie Bird said...

I think it is Raisin and Hazlenut

debbie1957uk said...

leaving another comment because I was not signed in i think it is hazelnut & raisin I have also tweeted @debbie1957uk

Tracy K Nixon said...

I cannot decide whether it is the Burnt Toffee or Cherry so I will go with both!

Tracy K Nixon said...

I have tweeted @tracyknixon

tracy said...

I think its Hazel nut and raisin xx

Helen said...

It's the new Dark Chocolate with Burnt Toffee Chocolate Bar

But the Cherry and the Hazlenut and Raisin bars are also shades of purple
@toffeefudge1

Helen said...

Have tweeted as @toffeefudge1

jennyp19 said...

Raisin and Hazlenut I think also tweeted as jennyp19

ANNE BOSTWICK said...

RAISIN AND HAZLENUT

Cheeky said...

I think it's the new Burnt Toffee flavour!

Heavenly Housewife said...

Oh i do love Green and Black's, especially the white chocolate!
the purple wrapper= hazelnut and currant

Stop by daaahling, I'm doing a giveaway too!
*kisses* HH

Heavenly Housewife said...

I also tweeted your competition.

mad2camp said...

Raisin & hazelnut - nom nom nom :-)

Jo Y said...

I think the purple wrapper is the raisin and hazelnut :)
whgcjo(at)gmail(dot)com

I have also tweeted as @BoostieBoo

Anonymous said...

I think it's the Raisin and Hazelnut bar.

I have also tweeted!

@rachiegr

lilly.f said...

I reckon it is the raisin & hazelnut one! Fab prize xx

Julie said...

It could be cherry, raisin & hazelnut or burnt toffee - very hard to tell what you mean by purple as all of them are purpley shades!

nutunit said...

Raisin and Hazlenut

emmav6 said...

Raisin and Hazlenut

emmav6 said...

TWEETED TOO
@EMMAV6

Margaret said...

I think it's Dark Chocolate Burnt Toffee. It sounds lovely doesn't it.
@angeldaisy2002

Margaret said...

I've tweeted @angeldaisy2002.

Thank you x

Anonymous said...

Cherry @WISHGIRL123 Tweeted also :)

rugbymum said...

Mmmm, I love Green and Blacks chocolates. The Dark Chocolate Burnt Toffee bar has a purple wrapper.

I have also tweeted (@rugbylovingmum)

Niamhs Mum said...

Raisin and Hazelnut looks more magenta to me which makes it a shade of pink, Cherry is more burgundy but definitely in the purples spectrum(although I adore the smell, I'm violently allergic to cherries and can't eat it) and Burnt Toffee is most definitely purple.

Colour may vary according to monitors to all of you who googled it.

Paige said...

I think the answer is Raisin and Hazelnut.

Paige said...

Have tweeted as @PaigeBrown5

John Banks said...

It looks most likely to be the new Dark Chocolate with Burnt Toffee Chocolate Bar

John Banks said...

Tweeted as @VictorLudorum1

fuzzy_felt said...

I think it's raisin and hazelnut.

Blulu said...

I think it's Raisin and Hazlenut. Sounds yummy to me.

Anonymous said...

Raisin and Hazelnut
jillwebb@blueyonder.co.uk

nataliemay30 said...

Raisin and Hazelnut
nataliemay27@hotmail.com

nataliemay30 said...

I have tweeted @nataliemay29

Frommyplate said...

Dark chocolate with cherry I think!

Fingers crossed!

Frommyplate said...

I have also tweeted @frommyplate

Daphne said...

Raisin and Hazelnut but I'm really not sure!

soosieboo said...

Burnt toffee has a purple wrapper

soosieboo said...

tweeted @Soosieboo

http://twitter.com/#!/soosieboo/status/141539611670364160

philiboy said...

I think its Raisin and Hazlenut

@philibaldi

nursey said...

this is harder than it looks! am going to plump for the burnt toffee bar (after much research, trying to find the bar in local shops!), but agree with other comments that cherry and raisin & hazlenut are also purpleish too!

nursey said...

have tweeted @maxineflossy

Anonymous said...

Ooh the new Burnt toffee flavour with crunchy bits of Yorkshire toffee in *mouth waters*

Susie said...

Burnt Toffee looks most purple but Cherry is a burgundy purple and Raisin and Hazelelnut a cerise purple.

Ianinfrance said...

Being slightly colour blind... This is really made for me! But I'd have to go for raisin and hazelnut.

xhako said...

raisin and hazelnut ?

tamara said...

Raisin and Hazlenut

twitter @spayne199

Anne said...

I think its raisin and hazelnut from memory..

Corina said...

I think it's the dark chocolate burnt toffee bar.

June M Lord said...

Raisin and Hazlenut

Twitter name JuneMLord

Cheryl M said...

Burnt Toffee is very purple, but cherry is also purplish.

Kelly Martin said...

Which flavour Green & Blacks bar comes in a purple wrapper?

I would say Cherry as the other one that could be purple is more a magenta pink.

blue10 said...

Answer Raisin and Hzlenut

Kelly Martin said...

I have tweeted too and followed you.
My twitter name is magichappensxx

thisisit said...

Dark burnt toffee

debwh142 said...

Could be one of several but I'm going for Burnt Toffee

rugmaker said...

Raisin and hazlenut

Alison said...

Raisin and hazlenut possibly

@ali991

kemo_2002 said...

Raisin and Hazlenut :) @kemo_2002

kemo_2002 said...

i hae tweeted @kemo_2002

carrie said...

Cherry!

Hazel Rush said...

Raisin and hazelnut!
hazelrush54 ( at) yahoo.co.uk

alexlukeshelby said...

Raisin and Hazlenut

@alexlukeshelby

JSPic said...

Raisin and Hazlenut
picton.julie @ yahoo. co.uk

Liz Marriott said...

Raisin and Hazelnut

Deborah Bird said...

I'm going with cherry.

Deborah Bird said...

I have tweeted! @zebedee01

angie mummy said...

raisin and hazlenut

Brenda said...

Raisin and Hazlenut

karenrailton said...

Raisin and Hazlenut

karenrailton said...

have tweeted @krailton

hoops said...

There several that look purple to me, but I'll go with dark chocolate and cherry

kasza said...

Thanks for the giveaway
I think it's Raisin and Hazlenut

kasza said...

I have tweeted
@chocolateonemse

buzylizzy said...

I think it's Cherry I have tweeted as @buzylizzy1

Katie Myers said...

Hiya, I think its cherry! Would love this prize! :)
katie-myers@hotmail.co.uk

Choclette said...

Purple is a tricky colour to get right, but being a bit of a fan of the sour cherry, I would say that was purple.

Linzi2484 said...

I think it's dark chocolate cherry bet it's lovely as well

newone1122@hotmail.com

Linzi2484 said...

Have tweeted @linziwoop

TheFastestIndian said...

To cover all the options in the purple debate I'll say raisin and hazelnut, with cherry as my back-up answer! Ixx

Sarah said...

I would say that the most purple one of all is the Burnt Toffee with Dark Chocolate. Sounds scrummy!

kats56 said...

I would say its the Raisin and hazelnut bar. There are a few bars that look different shades of purple so not an easy choice!
Have tweeted. as @jenneewren

Claire Trevor said...

I would say it is the Dark Chocolate with Burnt Toffee Chocolate Bar!

Claire Trevor said...

I have tweeted as @claire_trevor

angieh said...

Burnt Toffee with Dark Chocolate

angieh said...

tweeted as @angiehoggett

SAN said...

Raisin and Hazlenut

Anonymous said...

Raisin and Hazelnut

- sarah@tartanparkers.co.uk

sally-w said...

Well it's either Raisin and Hazelnut or Cherry - depends on your perception of purple. @mselts

Stuart said...

Dark chocolate with burnt toffee @ossiesheep

Stuart said...

Tweeted @ossiesheep

sally-w said...

I have tweeted the competition @mselts

Glitter&Kohl said...

Burnt Toffe... and Raisin and Hazelnut. Hmm! x

Glitter&Kohl said...

I've also tweeted @zeeski x

Ian Campbell said...

I'll try Raisin and Hazelnut.

Ian Campbell said...

I've tweeted the twitter message. My Twitter username is @Ianthesunlover

Kavey said...

Update: Competition closed, winners were 1) Nursey (@maxineflossy), 2) @frommyplate and 3) @sushi_junki.